Living environment is extremely important to anybody. The way we keep things in our house and also the colors and hues of this living space are very important and play tremendous role to all of us some people. Have you known that colors not only reflect our mood and emotions but also affect our lives? There is more of color than meets the eye. You could be feeling a bit off color. You could be in the dark. Feeling red. One might also be in the pink or to feel blue. Or may be green with envy or could even feel true colors. Colors affect every way of our life indeed.
Hues may be a powerful tool in your interior generating warm feelings, sense of joy and happiness. At the same time if chosen in a wrong way they may lead to disconnection and discomfort not only in your mind but also in your body. So in this article we are going to explain the best way to choose a tonal scheme for your apartment or make your house a home and also give you few tips in color combinations for your interior design.
Rule of three in coloring
One of the most fundamental and basic ways to transform any living space are colors. Even if there is nothing around, hues will give a mood to the space. There are few technics which are used by interior designers to create warm and at the same time emphasized palette inside the room to bring it to life.
One of the technics used to create better color solution is called “rule of three”. It is based on creating color flow using 3 hues. Each color takes different proportion though while is used for decorating interior space:
- Basic color takes about 60% of the space: better to use neutral, light and warm colors;
- Second color applies to approximately 25%-30%. It is used to decorate parts of walls and furniture, may be curtains. Preferences are given to the tones of the basic;
- Third or accent color is used for the remaining 10%-15% and it should be bright and vivid, almost pure coloring.
If you’d like to implement one more color in your living space you might add forth hue in your design. In this case the best way to apply it is to split second color into two.
How to choose the right colorings for your living space
- Get to know your living space. The chosen color would be greatly affected by light and sunlight. Grass behind your window will also affect the paint.
- Color changes on whether the room meets north, south, west or east.
East and north facing spaces must be darker. For west and south facing rooms better to use lighter solutions.
- The light changes throughout the day. So think with this perspective while giving your preferences to the paint.
- Also keep in mind use of the space. If it is going to be a living room – brighter colors are great. But the same vivid colors are not appropriate to use for the room to relax. Space for kids, for example, also might be in bright.
- Remember, the paint you see in the can is not exactly what is going to be on the wall.
Some useful tips
- You may use your favorite fabric with few colorings on it to create great color palette. There you’ll find basic, secondary and accent color. Then find appropriate palette in the shop.
- To create good color scheme for a nice interior solution use hues of the same color but in different tints. The accent tone must be different though.
- Three or four colors are the best solution for any apartment.
- Choose curtains, fabrics and furniture before coloring your room. Try to imagine or you may even to draw how the space would look like with everything on its place.
Whichever are you coloring preferences just keep it in mind that we not only control how our home would look like in colors you are going to use but we also choose our mood, emotions and feelings with this decoration design. It’s quite easy to create harmony and warmness in your living home so you feel always great and welcomed in there.